Edes Secret Hamburger Recipe
If you’re like us, you’re always looking for the greatest hamburger recipe to make your next barbecue recipe the best ever. Try these two little things, two incremental changes, to the usual hamburger recipe and see if it makes the BEST beef hamburgers you’ve ever tasted. Perfect hamburger recipe for your next BBQ.
Texas-crafted Beef Hamburger Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Key tip: Make a dent in the patties to make them not shrink and deform while cooking.
If you've never tried loaded beef hamburgers, you're in for a treat. Just 2 little changes make all the difference in the world. Essential for your next BBQ! Juicy and delicious loaded burgers with all the essential trimmings.
- 1⅓ ground beef
- 4 rashers of bacon, large
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lettuce
- 3 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 black pepper
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices tasty or cheddar cheese
- Place beef burger in a mixing bowl, use your hands to mix until it just sticks together.
- Divide the beef burger into 4 balls, flatten them into patties that are just bigger than a hamburger bun.
- Use your thumb to make an indention in the center of your patty. This stops your beef burger from shrinking as it cooks.
- Place shaped patties in the fridge for 15 minutes and turn oven on very low.
- Heat oil in large heavy based pan over high heat, or BBQ.
- Add bacon and cook to your liking. Remove bacon from pan, place on a tray, and put them into the oven to keep warm.
- Add onion to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until browned and soft. Place in the oven with the bacon to keep warm.
- Place patties in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the underside is nicely browned.
- Flip the beef burgers and cook the other side for 1 minute. Then place a slice of cheese on each beef burger, cover with lid and cook for a further 1 to 1½ minutes until nicely browned (or to your liking) and the cheese is melted.
- Remove beef burgers from the pan and set aside to rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Spread tomato ketchup on the hamburger bun. Top with lettuce, tomato, bacon and onion. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information: Calories 789, Fat 38.1g, Carb 30.1g, Fiber 3.5g, Sugars 9.9g, Protein 78g