Honey Barbecue Meatloaf That’ll Make You Famous
Edes famous Texas honey barbecue meatloaf recipe is delightful. With a dab of honey for added sweetness and Texas bbq sauce for down home smokiness, it’s a never failing, go-to Texas recipe that’s rich and hearty, moist and delicious.
Texas Honey Barbecue Meatloaf Recipe
Makes: 4 Servings
Calories per serving: 301
Fat per serving: 11 g
This Texas style meatloaf recipe has honey and barbecue sauce for just the right blend of sweet and savory. With a hint of smokiness and an abundance of moisture, it's a bonafide Texas comfort food!
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- ½ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, panko, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce, 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard, 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce. Do not overwork the meat.
- Shape the mixture into a long, thick brick and place on an oiled baking dish. Be careful not to pack the meat too tight to ensure a juicy loaf.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce, 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Spread evenly over the meatloaf, bake for 45 minutes. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Nutrition Information: Calories 301, Fat 11g, Carb 23g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 12g, Protein 24g