We should also mention that the sauce becomes thin and watery. This makes the pork chops come out very tender and juicy ad they cook in the liquid. This recipe is quick and delicious it is a family favorite in our house.
Country Style Baked Pork Chops
Makes – 4 servings
You can use any pork chops you like but we always used the bone-in chops that were about an inch thick. the bone- in pork chops always seem to have a bit more flavor, but boneless will work well too. For some extra flavor you could pierce the chops with a fork and let the sauce marinade a bit before cooking.
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large onion slices
- 1 tablesppon cold water
- Season each pork chop with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, ketchup, and water. Stir it up real well.
- Place pork chops in a large baking dish and cover them with the mixture. Add onion slices to the top of each pork chop.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 35-50 minutes.
- Baste pork chops halfway through cooking. If pork chops are looking watery cook for remaining time uncovered.